Perfect oral health and not a visit to a dentist isn’t all we want.
But when it comes to oral care and hygiene many of us skip the small steps which are helpful for teeth and gums.
These are the following tips one cannot ignore in the desire for perfectly splendid oral health.
- Brush at least twice a day– Brushing is the only habit we learn very early and live it with the rest of our lives. The best time to brush the teeth is after every meal. But brushing 2 times is also enough. Choosing a toothbrush with a small head and soft bristle which is kinder to your gums.
- While choosing toothpaste- whenever buying toothpaste make sure you buy toothpaste having fluoride in it because it is a leading defense against tooth decay it fights germs and provides a protective barrier for your tooth.
- Limiting food habits- eating mushy foods, acidic fruits, coffee, tea, sugary products can damage the tooth enamel while eating crunchy and fresh fruits is the best choice for teeth and gums. We should stop putting things into tiny pieces and let the jaw do working.
- Mouth wash:- also called oral rinse, a liquid which protects your teeth, gums, and mouth. Generally contains antiseptic which kills harmful bacteria also useful in bad breath and prevents tooth decay. It is for gargle purposes and then spitted with rinsing water.
- Quit smoking:- smoking has never been useful to anyone instead gave hundreds of reason to quit it. It causes gum disease and a leading cause of tooth loss. It increased the plaque and tartar on the teeth. It directed attacks on the root. A smoker is 3 times more likely to have gum disease than a non-smoker. It causes paling in the teeth.
- Flossing:- Doing floss once a day is mandatory. It removes the plaque and unchewed food which is beyond the reach of the toothbrush. It is made up of a silkworm cocoon, a perfect fitter for teeth. There is no compulsory time to do floss. Do it at night of morning or evening. It is important to happen
- Visting a dentist:- visiting a dentist every 6 months is no harm. Getting a routine dental examination is very necessary. The dentist will check upon cavity, gums disease, oral health issue and can give signs of mouth cancer also. Visiting a dentist can prevent the outcomes and then there is a low chance of oral health problems.
- Wearing a mouthguard:- It is important to protect your teeth while playing any aggressive sport. Nothing is worse than smiling after losing a tooth. Using mouth guard while sports like boxing, ice skating, skateboarding, etc.
- Plenty of water:- In the end, it comes to one solution H2O. Staying hydrated is vital for the body and the secret of having healthy gums. Saliva is very important for maintaining a healthy mouth. Keeping your bacteria Balance, whenever dehydrated, your mouth produces less saliva. Drinking water after eating can help clean your teeth rinse away food particles and bacteria.